Unemployed youth who have passed SSLC/ PUC and unemployed graduates belonging to the leather artisan families, shall be selected to be trained in the development of footwear designs, in skill development and in Market skill specialization at reputed training institutes established by Central and State Governments such as C.F.T.I/ C.L.R.I in Chennai and National Institute of Fashion Technology/ Karnataka Institute of Leather Technology in Bengaluru. They would be assigned with short term as well as long term courses with hostel facilities.
- Expenses of the training will be borne fully by the Corporation and stipend will be paid during the training period.
- Details of the courses:
1) One year certificate course – SSLC pass
2) 03 years Diploma in Leather Technology – SSLC/ PUC pass
3) 18 month P.G. Higher Diploma in Footwear manufacturing and Management Studies – Graduates
4) One Year Diploma in Footwear Design and Production technology – PUC