Unemployed youth who have passed SSLC/ PUC and unemployed graduates belonging to the leather artisan families, shall be selected to be trained in the development of footwear designs, in skill development and in Market skill specialization at reputed training institutes established by Central and State Governments such as C.F.T.I/ C.L.R.I in Chennai and National Institute of Fashion Technology/ Karnataka Institute of Leather Technology in Bengaluru. They would be assigned with short term as well as long term courses with hostel facilities.
- Expenses of the training will be borne fully by the Corporation and stipend will be paid during the training period.
- Details of the courses:
1) One year certificate course – SSLC pass
2) 03 years Diploma in Leather Technology – SSLC/ PUC pass
3) 18 month P.G. Higher Diploma in Footwear manufacturing and Management Studies – Graduates
4) One Year Diploma in Footwear Design and Production technology – PUC
- Training camps for skill development and to earn income
- High level skill development training shall be provided for a period of 60 days in the manufacture of footwear/ shoes/ leather articles.
- A multipurpose training shall be provided on the basis of revised text under the supervision and guidance of Karnataka Institute of Leather Technology.
Machinery required for setting up a home-scale industry, worth ₹ 22,000/- , i.e., a leather sewing machine and an instrument box shall be distributed post training. Besides a stipend of ₹ 6,000/- shall be paid.